One of the core objectives of the Institute of Chartered Financial Analysts of India University, Nagaland (hereinafter referred to as "University") is to ensure gender equality and gender justice through the University interventions and practices. In keeping with this principle, it is important to ensure a climate, free from discrimination and harassment, with a particular focus on prevention of sexual harassment.
Policy of prohibiting Discrimination
This policy prohibits discrimination on the basis of race, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity/expression, religion, caste, age, color, creed, nationality or ethnic origin, physical, mental or sensory disability and marital status. Discriminatory harassment is one form of discrimination. Under this policy, discriminatory harassment is identified as conduct toward a particular individual, individuals, or groups on the basis of a protected status that is significantly severe or pervasive that has the purpose or effect of:
- Creating an intimidating, hostile or offensive work or educational environment for the individual or groups; or
- Unreasonably interfering with the work, academic performance, living environment, personal security, or participation in any University-sponsored activity of the individual or groups.
Policy of prohibiting Sexual Harassment
Sexual harassment of individuals occurring in the place of work or study or in other settings in which they may find themselves in connection with their association with the University is unlawful and will not be tolerated by the University. Further, any retaliation against an individual who has complained about sexual harassment or retaliation against individuals for cooperating with an investigation of a sexual harassment complaint is similarly unacceptable. To achieve this goal, conduct that is described as "Sexual Harassment" in this policy will not be tolerated and a procedure is provided by which inappropriate conduct will be dealt with, if encountered among employees/students.
The University will also take all the appropriate steps necessary to protect individuals from retaliation. Such Steps include:
- Action to stop retaliatory behavior.
- Providing required security measures.
- Counseling help to Complainant and Accused.
- The University takes allegations of sexual harassment seriously, and will respond promptly to complaints of sexual harassment and where it is determined that such inappropriate conduct has occurred, prompt and appropriate corrective action as is necessary, including disciplinary action, will be taken.
- While this policy sets forth the goal of the University of promoting a study or workplace that is free of sexual harassment, the policy is not designed or intended to limit the authority of the University to discipline or take remedial action for conduct which the University deems unacceptable, regardless of whether that conduct satisfies the definition of sexual harassment.